Bathroom Extraction Fan

Not sure if this is sarcasm,
Yes it was, but, as things have turned out, it would have been the correct reply but I'm sure you would not have been impressed.
but you could actually very easily do just that ! There was a case not too long ago about a programmer who wrote a virus which hit hospital computers - needless to say what could have happened, seen as computers control everything from temperature controls to life support machines !
I presume he wrote the virus intentionally.

However, supposing you could write one by mistake, do you not see the comparison?

Sponsored Links
It's not yourself who I'm talking about. to be brutally honest, you were actually very polite and I apprciaed that, it was more the other comments.

With regards to the programming, I can see where you're coming from and can appreciate what you say. But myself personally, I would simply reply with try xyz rather than imply that you're stupid and therefore could no way have written your own OS.

Sometimes we all have off days or times when we just can't get our heads around something. Generally, a lot of people turn to the internet for answers in these circumstances. And that's all that I was doing.

I absolutely understand. I only ask you to consider that in the case of electrical installations (also gas and some other services) that there is an intrinsic safety risk to anyone (professional electrician or not) who works
with such services. Any professional electrician replying to your post will attempt to evaluate your perceived competence to that of the intrinsic risk.
Your perceived competence is entirely down to you in terms of the way that you describe the issue and the terminology you use. If you don't put additional effort into reassurance that you can work with electrical installations safely then you may attract discouraging comments. Such comments are meant in your best interest despite one or two of them including a sarcastic component or two :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back