Bathroom extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We are having the bathroom redone and all I need to buy now is an extractor fan, our bathroom only has a little window which I don't leave open after a shower as I am normally on my way to work 20 mins after showering.

Here is what I want out of a fan

Comes on with the light and stays on for a while
can be turned on without the light
quiet ( I sometimes read in the bathroom)
Cheap
wall mounted and able to get splashed

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
So you want a top of the range fan for next to no money?

You can have an ugly as hell, super noisy fan for cheap, or a nice quiet fan for not cheap.

Which do you give most priority to?

Wall or ceiling mount?

Wall mounted me thinks

I have seen some at B&Q for about £20 they look ok but im not sure if they can get wet etc or if they are noisey.

Are you really sure you know what you’re doing! Are you aware that a bathroom is a special location & that any electrics in there must either be notified in advance & then inspected & tested by your LABC or you need to use a Part P registered spark to install (or at least wire it), who should then test it electrically & give you a certificate to say it complies with Building Regulations; which you will need to produce in the future!

Sponsored Links
If you want a fan that works independent of the light, you just don't switch it on when you're reading.

That way if you buy a noisy one, it does not matter too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back