Bathroom Fan Advice Needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking to get a fan for our bathroom at home. There is no window in the room and I’m worried about the quality of the air…I have no idea where to start looking for a fan or what kind of fan I need…any advice would be appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
If you want to extract moist air from a steamy shower, then the standard cheapo fans in the DIY sheds etc are never going to cut it......

You want a centrafugal inline fan, something like the Vent Axia ACM range. They do a 100mm diameter inline centrifugal which certainly shifts the air.

Sponsored Links
Thats the puppy.

I would recommend it time and again.

Make sure you get your duct done well to take account of condensation forming, and ideally insulate the duct. Reason being is that this unit pulls a lot of air through it, and if the duct is cool the moisture in the air can condensate and fill your duct with water. You can get condensate traps, or you just make sure your duct falls to outside (and not the fan!).

Are you extracting vertically through the roof, down through the soffit, or through a gable wall?

Cheaper in SF, and cheaper still from a wholesaler if your lucky.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/67743...ns/Vent-Axia-ACM100T-In-Line-18W-Bathroom-Fan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back