Bathroom Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am replacing the flooring in my bathroom. We have taken up the old laminate flooring and the floor boards underneath aren't in great condition and are slightly warped. What is the best solution to this?

Should i replace all the the boards, if so what is the best to use?

Is there any way of laying sheets of ply or something over the existing boards so that the new flooring will have a decent surface to be laid on?

Or do you think getting some thick underlay would be sufficient to solve the problem?

I am planning on laying new laminate once this problem is solved.
Thanks,
Jimmy

Sponsored Links
If you are replacing the old laminate with new laminate and you had no problems with the old floor then you do not need to do anything. ;)

(If its an older property with proper floorboards then they will warp slightly over time)

.....If you wish, you could lay 6mm plywood down first use the biggest sheets you can handle and use plenty of ring shank nails - size these so that they do not go all the way through your floorboards - and make sure that you do not pierce any pipes or cables (- this "fix" would be required if you were having vinyl flooring but isn't really necessary for laminate)

If the floor boards are 18mm then you could remove the floor boards and replace with Marine ply, expensive, but the best.

Or fit 6mm or 9mm ply on your floor boards with Amitco flooring.

Or just refit new laminate flooring.

YOU DECIDE!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back