Bathroom Heat & light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Fathers old circular heatnNlight fitting has failed, I bought a new one to replace it but find the original one has the light wired to the lighting circuit but the circular heat element is wired to a separate power circuit wire.

The new fitting is 750 watts & only has one connector, instructions say' it fits to existing wiring' is not 750 watts too high for a lighting circuit?

Sponsored Links
better off to connect it to the other power source as its a lot to put on a lighting circuit, think its time to get someone in to do a proper job so get 3 quotes and chose the best quote

better off to connect it to the other power source as its a lot to put on a lighting circuit, think its time to get someone in to do a proper job so get 3 quotes and chose the best quote

problem then is that the light pull cord by the door won't turn on the light without some rewiring to the switch

If I'm thinking right (likely not!!) there's the light pull switch. On the light and heat unit is a pull switch for the heater?

As I say, most likely wrong as haven't seen one of those since Jesus left Kilmarnock.

Sponsored Links
If I'm thinking right (likely not!!) there's the light pull switch. On the light and heat unit is a pull switch for the heater?

As I say, most likely wrong as haven't seen one of those since Jesus left Kilmarnock.

yes there is a pull cord switch on the unit itself, 3 settings for heat, light or both. However if the unit is not connected to the lighting circuit it won't operate from the pull cord by the bathroom door & you would need to walk to the centre of the room to put on the light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back