Bathroom Light with Fan.

K

kai

One solution for a bathroom with a Fan linked to the main light.
When going to pass water in the night, to save having the fan start up for a 30 second visit, a suggestion is to wire the Shaver Light off its own separate independent wall switch outside the door, not linked to any fan or main light, when visiting the toilet at night, just use the shaver light switch instead of the main one.
To save confusion, I cut off the cord of my shaver light, with its internal switch permanently ON, the wall switch outside the bathroom is used to control the shaver light now.

Sponsored Links
a modern extractor, not worn-out, with a ball-bearing motor can be very quiet. There is a new generation of "silent" fans. They also use very little electricity. This removes some of the objections from people who don't like fans.

Another solution - work on the basis that people have an IQ bigger than their shoe size and just have a fan with an on-off switch.

Sponsored Links
Some people have an aversion to ventilation, and refuse to open windows or turn on fans.

If they had opening windows, and no fans, would they face prosecution if they did not open the windows when necessary?>

If they had opening windows, and no fans, would they face prosecution if they did not open the windows when necessary?
No, but if they created a new loo with no openable window and no fans, they would almost certainly face (if found out, and if BC could be bothered!) an Enforcement Notice - and ultimately, I suppose, 'prosecution'. It is just plain daft.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back