Bathroom Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with my cold tap in the bathroom. Its a mixer shower fitting (from the mains) and the water is dribbling out, as if it is about to run out. I dismantled the tap, but the washers & thread both look fine - gave the fitting a clean and reassembled but water still just dribbles out. Any ideas ? Hot water is fine.

Sponsored Links
As a quick sanity check, are you sure there's not an isolating valve that is semi open. Also, is this a new tap, if not when did it start happening, did it coincide with any other work in the house, do the other cold taps work ok (esp the kitchen tap, from the main riser)?

Sometimes washers flatten out, expanding to cover the exit in a mixer, which can be at the side of the washer chamber. In those the water is expected to go past the edge of the washer. I once put a new tap-swap thing in and the tap stopped letting water out about a week later.

I have the same problem! Just had a new bathroom suite fitted, and when we took the old sink off and put inline taps on whilst messed around with the rest of it, the toilet filled really slowly and there was only a dribble of cold water coming out the bath tap (hot fine and so is kitchen taps).

Now have new suite in (minus washbasin, but that's another problem!) and still only have a dribble of cold out of the mixer tap. Toilet is okayish but filling very slowly.

Do you think it is an airlock or something else? What is the best way of clearing it (tried blocking off kitchen cold tap to blast through)...?

Thanks,

Jo

Sponsored Links
"blocking off kitchen cold tap " you wot???

Connect mains water hose to upstairs tap for a few seconds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back