Bathroom Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have read conflicting views on what plasterboard to use in a bathroom. The bathroom will not have a separate shower. It will have a bath/shower so i intend to tile around the bath/shower but just paint the rest of the bathroom. Is it best to tile onto Aquapanel? And is Aquapanel the same as the 'green' plasterboard that people refer to? Is the ceiling ok to be done with normal plasterboard? I had read that you should use Aquapanel but you can not skim over aquapanel. I think i have confused myself more by reading everything. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have read conflicting views on what plasterboard to use in a bathroom. The bathroom will not have a separate shower. It will have a bath/shower so i intend to tile around the bath/shower but just paint the rest of the bathroom. Is it best to tile onto Aquapanel? And is Aquapanel the same as the 'green' plasterboard that people refer to? Is the ceiling ok to be done with normal plasterboard? I had read that you should use Aquapanel but you can not skim over aquapanel. I think i have confused myself more by reading everything. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Moisture board is the way to go.

Personally, i would use aquapanel/tile backer board where your tiling and moisture resistant elsewhere. If it backs onto a bedroom consider sounbloc so you dont hear every fart, squelch and splat! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back