Bathroom project suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I guess this fits under plumbing as it is a bathroom although it's more the building side than the pipes.

I'm planing a make-over of a bathroom with toilet/sink/bath to be toilet (hidden cistern), sink (in worktop over cupboard) and shower. The room is ~6ft square. I think what would work best is to construct half height walls around the shower as it butts up to the toilet and sink cupboard. If I had glass on all of these 2 sides then you'd see the end of the cupboard and have to leave a space to clean rather than building in the cupboard to flush. Same thing applies to the toilet end and it's hidden cistern.

So the question is what do I use to glass in above these half walls?

Sponsored Links
I know you have other plans but once went to a house with a square bathroom that had this and it looked fantastic...........

Corner Bath, Loo and Basin small bathroom but the clever planning left it feeling very spacious as you walked in to it as all the centre was roomy !

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions. I did think about glass block. The current bathroom is not too bad on space. It uses the usually layout of
[code:1]
toilet sink bath
|
|

[/code:1]
in an L shape. That way stick your elbows out at sink and they are in clear space over the toilet and bath. But we only use the bath as a shower so we want to revamp and change the bath to shower.

I've had a re-think and go off the half wall near the toilet, it feels too cramped. Instead I thinking of a rounded corner tray, 1200x800. New layout is
[code:1]
toilet shower-----
-----------

sink

[/code:1]
So the round corner of the shower makes the toilet not feel cramped. I'm think of a short wall between sink and shower, ~400mm then using a
800x800 quadrant screen instead of 800x1200. That allows me to butt up the sink cupboard. The window is over by the toilet, so behind the sink in the plan, so the wall won't cut the light to the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back