Bathroom Shelf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

There is a small gap between the edge of my bath and the wall. I am planning to put some kind of shelf in to hide the gap (see picture).

Originally I was going to use cement board and tile on top of it, but have decided it would look better if it was curved to match the shape of the bath, and would look silly tiled.

What material should I use? I still have the no more ply board, and was thinking of painting that and using it?

If that's no good what do you recommend?

Sponsored Links
I suppose the biggest problem will be that fitted bath panel, which would have to be accessible/removable?

Main problem was lack of forward planning , space in too small for chosen bath, being plastic it will move and create a gap between it and the wall during normal use making a water tight seal difficult.
You would need at upright section to meet the bath to have any chance of an effective seal.Several ply formers to achieve the curve fitted with a flexible piece of white plastic [maybe from soffit/fascia board material].
http://www.roofing-supplies.org.uk/ourshop/prod_2458163-Soffit-Board-UPVC-in-White.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back