Bathroom Waste Rearranging.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
So I'm doing a bathroom refurbishment. I'll provide some photos in a future post but what I'm wondering is.

Looking at the wet wall with the soil stack in the left corner the arrangement is
Bath/Toilet/Basin

The Bath and Basin waste run to the stack underneath the toilet waste, which goes directly to the stack.

The new bath is going in place of the old bath although I'm thinking of rerouting the waste for that to allow for a conforming drop on the toilet waste.
The toilet is being moved to the right extreme and the basin will be roughly in the place the toilet was, but what I would like to do is drop the basin waste into the toilet waste rather than have it running through it's own pipe.

I've seen posts about anti vac traps, I've got a 32 and 40mm Hepworth rubber sleeve device that would work but is it really necessary? What is the risk of syphoning from the basin on a toilet flush given the stack is vented to atmosphere so it's not a sealed system?

Suggestions/Ideas/Solution welcomed.

Cheers
Lee

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
With picturey goodness.

IMG_7024.jpeg
IMG_7023.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back