Bathroom Worktop / Shelf White Veneer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to refresh a bathroom worktop / shelf. It is 2m long, 230mm depth, 30mm height. It was installed when the house was built 18 years ago.

It's not easy to find that size and what I have found is £90+, which seems a bit much compared to kitchen worktops.

Other options are to paint it or add a new veneer over the top of it.

The one at present is white, with a ripple effect to make it sort of non slip. Kitchen veneers seem to be flat and shiney. Flexible veneer sheets all seem to be wood effect - I can't find a plain white.

Where can I source a plain white, rippled veneer? Or what type of paint can I use to refeshen it up?

Sponsored Links
white rippled?

Maybe veneer is not the right word as I guess that is more for wood. If I knew what the proper word was I could probably find it.

I'm just looking for something to skim over the top of the existing worktop to freshen it up.

Here's a wood effect:

http://www.woodveneeruk.co.uk/products.php?cat=Flexible Veneer Sheets

But prefer a plain white rippled / ridged effect, which is like a non-slip material.

Sponsored Links
That is an option but there is nothing wrong physically with the old one. We painted the walls, doors, did some tiling and the worktop colour is standing out as looking old.

Formica.

Isn't that a hard shiny surface, which would not roll over the front curve of the worktop?

That's why I found flexible 'veneer' because you can use it to cover curved fronts of worktops. But the only veneer I can find is wood effect, which is not plain white!

Here's a picture of what is there now.

View media item 59450
Just need to source the stuff that is on it right now and stick it on?

Looks like cheap kitchen worktop, nothing available to cover it that won't look a pigs ear and be cheaper than replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back