baxi 105 kettling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help- my boiler is 5 years old and has started kettling both when the heating is running and also when running hot water. Plumber called and suggested de-scaling and traetment added to system but no improvement.

In heating mode boiler only runs for a couple of seconds then trips- both temp dials are set only to about 1/4

Sponsored Links
burner pressure could be too high, weak or failing/failed pump, get an RGI to investigate.

look under the boiler where the pipes go into it and close off all the valves, then drian the boiler from its drian cock

on the very most right hand pipe there is a mesh filter inside the valve, undo the big nut at the front of the valve, it might be full of crap.

be sure the boiler is not hot when you do this.

or if your unsure get a rgi to check it for you

Thanks for the suggestions. The RGI i had out seems to think its the heat exchanger. If it was that the case would it only kettle when the hot water is running? Obviosly mine is doing it when the heating is on as well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back