Baxi 105e issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 105e combi boiler which has stopped working.

The boiler will not fire up and the 50 deg neon flashes, stating possible flue or fan problem.

I've had a corgi registered friend have a look at it and he checked the flue (okay) so assumed it was the fan. We replaced the fan assembly but still the same problem.

We managed to take the fan assembly back to the supplier but he now thinks its the PCB.....

I'm unsure and dont want to fork out for a new PCB if it isnt the problem (I dont think we would be able to take it back!!).

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
has your guy checked if the aps isnt stuck.if i remember correctly flashing 50 will also indicate pcb problem.usually wathcing the fan it sometimes moves slightly as if its trying to start.again usually a pcb problem.and with a good multimeter.a voltage from the pcb is shown very quicly.all can be done by your RGI.

has your guy checked if the aps isnt stuck.if i remember correctly flashing 50 will also indicate pcb problem.usually wathcing the fan it sometimes moves slightly as if its trying to start.again usually a pcb problem.and with a good multimeter.a voltage from the pcb is shown very quicly.all can be done by your RGI.

As above really...

Reset the boiler and put demand on, check the power to the fan, if there's no power there at any point before it locks out you've got a faulty PCB. It's a known fault, i've changed loads!

The fan relay fails so the PCB thinks there is power to the fan when there's not. Hence Fan/APS fault code.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your replies..

I've flicked it on/off myself and you can hear the relay click on and then off. The fan doesn't spin at all but did spin a little when he tried it (I believe he did check it with a voltmeter but said the fan was faulty).

Unfortunately he has not called me back with a price as yet (I know they cost around £115 inc. vat). Originally he said it may cost me £260!!!!! including £60 for his time.

If its simply a matter of replacing the PCB, I'm sure I can do that.....should this still require a Corgi Registered installer??

Thanks for all your replies..

I've flicked it on/off myself and you can hear the relay click on and then off. The fan doesn't spin at all but did spin a little when he tried it (I believe he did check it with a voltmeter but said the fan was faulty).

Unfortunately he has not called me back with a price as yet (I know they cost around £115 inc. vat). Originally he said it may cost me £260!!!!! including £60 for his time.

If its simply a matter of replacing the PCB, I'm sure I can do that.....should this still require a Corgi Registered installer??

No, but you will need a GAS SAFE registered one my friend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back