Baxi 105e Problem

Had new Plate Heat Exchanger fitted still got no hot water and now I think the term you traders use is kettling when there is a call for hot water

Sponsored Links
Debaker said:
No disrespect to anyone but how do you tell a good engineer from a bad one

A good engineer is one who diagnoses whats wrong and fixes the fault on the same visit.

I do slightly wonder from what you have said if you have called someone to diagnose the fault perhaps without charging and then you have replaced the part yourself to avoid paying them?

If the engineer had replaced the plate HE then he would have rediagnosed the fault.

Tony

Yes but how many parts do they have to change till they get the right diagnosis(not hat he had one in his van),and yes I did change the part as he was going on his hols for 2 weeks and said it wasn't a hard job if I wanted to tackle it myself

A good engineer is one who diagnoses whats wrong and fixes the fault first time on the same visit.

I wonder if you paid him for his ( wrong ) diagnosis?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony a person would have to be god to diagnose and fix a fault on the first visit everytime.

While I agree wholeheartedly that a correct approach is to diagnose diagnose and diagnose brfore changing parts for an effective repair, there is alway a boiler that requirs subsequent visits to tackle a lurking second defect.

DP . Have you not seen the picture of Agile on a previous topic.. He is God so your point is not valid.... :) :)

Debaker said:
he said its a blocked Heat Exchanger so gonna go with that and see what happens,will keep you posted :D

Perhaps you dont read what we tell you but we have all been saying this for ages !!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back