Baxi 105HE Timer hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I recently moved into house with a BAXI 105HE boiler with Randall 103 mechanical timer switch. The time switch has never worked so I used the On/Off/Reset selector switch on the boiler to turn the ch or hw on when I wanted it.
I took the plunge yesterday and bought a sunvic Select 107 xls digital programmer from my local b&q.
I fitted the new unit today and the timer works perfectly for the CH, it comes on and goes off when told to. My problem is with the Hot water. If the CH is Off I get no hot water from any hot tap in the house. I looked in my boiler manual and it says "The flow of water will operate the dhw flow switch which requests the 3 way valve to change position, this will allow the pump to circulate the primary water". Does this mean that a call for hot water should override the current setting and turn on?
Or
Does this mean to get hot water I must have the CH turned on or change the switch on the boiler to HW only meaning I will have no CH when the new timer turns the heating on.

A couple of points:
1)When the Sunvic 107 xls is not requesting heat the boiler has no lights on it, it looks like there is no power.
2)There is no room stat in the house.

Sorry for the long post but this is m first post and I tried to get all the information in.

Sponsored Links
You must have a permenant LNE to boiler for HW to work and the heating is switched through the clock to terminals 1 and 2 on the boiler

Thanks for the reply.

Just got back from work and saw your post. So in order to get it working I will need to adjust the wiring on the boiler itself?

my current setup is as follows:

1 mains wire - L, N and Earth
2 wires from the boiler - both L, N and earth

All the N are within the N part of the switch, The mains live and 1 other red wire are going to the live port on the switch. The last wire from the boiler is going to port 3 on the switch(on). I've added a link wire from the live port to the port 1(com). This leaves port 2(off) empty.

Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back