Baxi 133he - Before a new boiler anywhere to get cheap bits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a fun journey (not) with my baxi 133he plus. replaced pcb, thermister, electrodes, seals etc. none solving the probelm which turns out to be....
a cracked heat exchanger assembly (water in the fan! lol)

However I was wondering if anyone had any sites or places I could pick up cheap spares? I want to get the heat exchanger just to confim thats what caused problems. I mean there is no point in getting new one as the burner and probably the fan (although hot water works when the water is drained out, slightly damaged old pcb allows it?) is needing repair.

HAve new valliant on order (any thoughts)

But want to put 2nd hand exchanger to chaeck it works.

Any thoughts? :)

Sponsored Links
The phrase "hiding to nothing" (re changing heat exchanger) and "closing the stable after horse has bolted" (Vaillant pap already on order) spring to mind.

here is my biggest thought well done on buying a vaillant!! but should you really be carrying out all the work you have done?? going by the questions you are asking you are not an RGI so therefor the work you are doing is illegal! people on this site are willing to help were legal to do so but think you may be out of luck on this one!!!

the 133he is an awful boiler, you will not find a second hard hx as failing hx is a common problem with your boiler.

you would be better off with a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
You seem to somehow be blaming the heat exchanger for a load of new parts which apparently you chose to unnecessarily replace. One might ask why?

Any primary heat exchanger has to be changed by a registered gas engineer. So we cannot advise that you do that yourself.

It just possible that I might have a used heat exchanger but I would have to check exactly which model the one I have is for.

If you have a new Vaillant on order that should be available in a couple of days so it seems odd that you want to be playing with the old boiler.

Tony

Firstly thanks for sharing your advice!

Its not me who has done the work, my mate is fully gas safe etc, it's him that has recommended valiant.

The crack was so small at first and has now got worse, at first my mate was trying to confirm the problem without just buying new pcb.

The thing is with him (and me who has stood over and watched him) is that even though new boiler will be going in, we want to know if that if the heat exchanger wasn't cracked would that have solved problem. I think is the fact theres not a definite answer as to problem although as the days pass the crack and leak worsens!

But next door has same boiler so will let them have bits for spares! Just would have liked to put one in and see if it works :)

Its not me who has done the work, my mate is fully gas safe etc, it's him that has recommended valiant.

In that case I hope that your mate has paid for all these new parts which have not been required.

You should not be having to pay for his incompetence.

He may have recommended a Vaillant ( although there are better boilers to recommend ) but I hope that you will get a competent installer to fit it as he does not seem to have a clue!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back