baxi 35/60 shutting down on safety stat fault

omo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 35/60 which will shut down frequently and the neons for both flame failure and safety thermostat activation flashing. On consulting the manual I measured a high resistance across the safety stat so I replaced it. Before replacing it I measured the new stat for resistance and it did read zero so I presumed this was correct and installed it into the boiler. The trouble is the boiler is still shutting down on the same faults and now there is a high resistance reading across the safety stat.
Not to get hung up on the resistance readings across the stat,Can somebody tell me if there is another possible answer to why the boiler is shutting down on these faults or did I buy a bogey safety stat.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I am not sure that you totally understand the relevance of the resistance of the o/h stat.

How can anything have a "zero" resistance unless its at absolute zero temperature?

Have you measured the operating temperature the boiler reaches???

Tony

Sorry Tony I didn't explain this properly. In the manual it states Allow system system to cool,If the continuity across thermostat terminals is more than 1.5ohms then replace the Safety thermostat. I was measuring around 16 ohms across the stat so I bought a new one. Before installing this I measure the resistance across it and got less than 1.5ohms. After installing the stat back into the boiler the boiler would shut down after a long run again on flame failure and safety thermostat activated faults. I measured the continuity again when the system was cooled down and again it was way above the 1.5ohm mark. This is why I thought the stat was knacked. I mean I can keep going to the boiler and just resetting it each time this happens to restart the boiler but would prefer not to. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back