Baxi 80 ECO combination boiler temporary fix - dangerous?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I had a fault diagnosed on the above boiler last week as a faulty diaphram which stops the boiler firing up. The engineer showed me what was wrong by shoving a screwdriver beneath a lever above the diaphram and making the boiler fire and work by liftng this lever up.

My question, there is a delay in getting the parts for this job, and they can't say when they will be back to fix it. I urgently need heat - Can I stick something like a wedge under this lever and leave it there in order to make the boiler work until the engineer returns?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your diverter valve,it shouldnt heat anything up when you do it manually as the pin isnt coming out allowing the water to flow through the valve and get heated up so unless its something different it shouldnt be any use what boiler is it,and is it onh the h/water or h/w and c/h

Sponsored Links
Hi in a word NO its all there as a saftey for the working of the boiler
as an engineer (now ret) i would not have shown anyone how it worked because of just what you have said, just imagine if the boiler leaked and dained down and you have the micro switch in a closed position with your wedge the main burner will light up and then its goodby to your boiler and more i cannot understand why a diaphram is in short supply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back