baxi bahama 100 burner keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help me please by the way i,ve read the posts about this boiler but im perservering for now. losing hair at same time

how exactly does the burner cycle work

my boiler will fire fire up and provide some ch warmth but will not reach set temp on stat
the burners will cut out even though its not reached set temp
pump runs continuosally whether burners firing or not.
i have shorted out flow switch so have ruled that one out.
surely the burners should keep on and heating until set temp is reached
Any help kindly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
On the front are lights (under temperature readings) which one is flashing when the burner goes off?

hi the burner light just goes out (ie boiler flames not on)
lockout does not come on

baxi bahama 100 combi

Sorry mate i was thinking of a 105

mmm tricky one, I would need to look it over but there is bound to be some one on here that can put u straight

good luck

Sponsored Links
its not the stat .... the stat is calling for heat all the time but the burners seem to fire for a while and then stop, wait probablty 5-10 minutes and start firing again
this is a continuous cycle without actually achieving heating set point

Sounds like an overheat stat cutting in. Faulty stat or localised overheating. Have you checked continuity through the overheat stat in normal and fault conditions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back