Baxi Bahama 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I fit a few boilers, I can handle it. So this lady rings me to say the pilot wont light on her heating. I have studied the book but I cant figure out the flow chart for this beast. This is the notorious Baxi Bahama 100. The damn thing will only show me a green light and does nothing else at all, no fan running, no pump, I have checked the circuit boards as the book says and the flow switches for operation and all seem ok. So if you boys have any ideas they would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Are you CORGI registered to work on boilers?

Number here or emailed to me?

Tony

There is no CH or HW there dosen't appear to be power to the pressure switch or pump. I cannot see any fuse on either board to check.

Sponsored Links
The fact that your pump isnt running wth a call for CH indicates
basic wiring fault / fuse
pcb or OH stat needs resetting
pcb knackered.

Try turning the power off on the wall for a few minutes and then turn it back on.

These boilers are a PITA so dont waste too much time fixing it.
Find out if yours is a SIT or a Honeywell before buying parts for it.

Please remember I cant see your boiler from here so don't blame me if you lash out on a pcb and it does happen to be something else.

My official advice is to get a competent CORGI to see it. Last one I saw like that the APS had melted into a black plastic mess. Thats inside the combustion chamber - Corgi only

Well this morning she rings to say it's working again??? Could it be one of those flow switches playing up??

Cadiz is CORGI registered but not familiar with fixing modern boilers.

The problem is that the Bahama is certainly NOT the boiler to practice learning on.

It was probably not the flow switches because the pump was not running. But just possibly if the system flow was stuck on it might inhibit the pump?

Its probably a boiler to call Baxi for a fixed price repair on. Even the Baxi guys seem to be absent at the mention of a Bahama!

Tony

Thanx Agile I will take your advice to customer. I really must get my answering machine to ask exactly what appliance it is before it agrees for me to go look.

I always insist on the exact make and model before i go to see any boiler.

We charge a fixed price diagnostic fee and to get that to work we have to avoid second visits by taking likely parts with us on the first visit.

Its not cost effective if we have to make two visits although that does happen on the uncommon boilers like Keston, Viessmann or Geminox etc. if spare parts are needed. We expect to get over 95% of boilers working on the first visit.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back