Baxi Barcelona System Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Its been a while since you guys last helped me out, but the baxi is playing silly beggers again.

Not used the heating for a while, but we had friends round and the wife thought...you know whats coming !!

Anyway, the heating sparked up nice as normal, BUT - went to lock out after about 10 mins or so. The red light is on - the green is flashing.

And that's what it does ?
Hot water is fine ??
Any ideas please ?

many thanks
Stoyer

Sponsored Links
Overheating?
Diverter sticking?
Pump tired? Sludge? CH sensor?

Green light flashing means there is a demand for heat.

Red light solid indicates lockout, the ignition sequence has failed.

Check condense trap/pipe is not leaking, spilling or blocked.

Oh well, just goes to show, RTFM
(Read The Manual!)

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies,

Baxpoti, Yeah have read that in the manual - would the hot water work fine if the trap was full ?

The condensate does look high but maybe not up to the sensor ?

There was an amount of white powder in the base of the case ? Too much to ignore I think.

It was serviced in March - The burner front cover was removed and it hoovered. Not by me - but I did watch.

As I said the heating comes on but goes off as the unit gets hotter ?

Thanks for your help.

Stoyer

The white powder could well be the inner case (burner front cover) seal degregating. But that would not count for the hot water working OK. Daft question but I don't suppose your immersion heater is still switched on?

Hi,

Thanks for your help - no immersion heater fitted anymore.

Cheers

Stoyer

The white powder is the combustion box door seal breaking down, it will need replacing.

The hot water mode will not cause the boiler to condense as much as the heating side.

To prove the condense is at fault, temporarily remove the earth strap from it.

Hi All,

Just to let you know, engineer came out to boiler.

Door seal on combust chamber was perished and the burner was looking pretty grim.

He fitted new burner and a complete new door assembly. He said the heat was escaping and causing overheat. Sounded feasible.

He never looked anywhere else, as soon as he saw the white powder in the bottom he was convinced I think ?

Looking back on the forum others have had same fault.

Keep my fingers crossed now.

Cheers to all that helped.

Stoyer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back