Baxi Bermuda 551 CHB

first thing I would check is there is water in f&e tank

Sponsored Links
With his wifes first description that was my train of thought , but not by what the guy describes it , def fault on boiler

Quite right twgas, then recommend getting rid of said back boiler.

had intermitent HW due to dry f&e - also get HW only if CH turned on - always worth checking (well nearly always).

Sponsored Links
One of few times i really lost it, was during a van stock reprofile as stuff was getting took off that i new i would need for the winter to do the job right .
I told him to get it all back on the van and give me my keys back and fek off or i would chin him, it worked and he never came near me for 2 weeks afterwards when i apologised.
One day someone will workout why we need so many little bits and pieces

My van was used for the last VS reprofile on my old patch. TSM pulled stuff out and i convinced him that it was needed. Heard the guys have all received their new van stocks that mirrored what i had with a few extra's including PCB for isar/icos

doesnt matter what your tsm thinks you need, we all know every eng has their own personal vanstock, or garage stock. every time they have a parts amnesty all the engs put all their good stuff in the house for a few weeks and then put it all back in the van once the storm has passed.

we got sent stuff a few weeks back that was marked vanstock reprofile, it was all useless ****e that got sent back immediately.....an expansion tube for a maxin ffs...what a waste of time. :rolleyes:

we got sent stuff a few weeks back that was marked vanstock reprofile, it was all useless s***te that got sent back immediately.....an expansion tube for a maxin ffs...what a waste of time. :rolleyes:

We had one of those aswell, it was just a massive box of diverter valve repair kits that we had all had dished out to us a couple of years before.

Some person in Leeds stocked my van.

So I got an analyser with no charger or flue probe,

TRV's / lockshields

couple of roomstats

couple of pumps

a few iron plugs and caps (but no compression caps for 8mm pipe (also not listed on computer so I bought my own)

Some valve heads but no honeywell ones and no complete valves

one Giannoni Dv service kit

no specific boiler parts.

loads of SH1YTE which will still be there when I have finished with the van.

I would have thought that Ideal Classic fans and Isar main pcb's would be standard stock items considering the amount of that stuff we look after.

Also can't make out why there isn't both a standard kit of fibre washers as used in boilers and similarly o rings. ALl I can see on SIS is the ability to order individuals. Surely there should be an assortment kit?

Oh and also at least 2 of each NTC made today should be cheap and easy to put together.

Also can't make out why there isn't both a standard kit of fibre washers as used in boilers and similarly o rings. ALl I can see on SIS is the ability to order individuals. Surely there should be an assortment kit?

I spent some time in the van ordering every fibre washer i could find. Some of the best packs ive found are the alpha service kit ones, think they are numbered packs. As for o rings i have a couple of worcester o ring packs (listed on most worc's but defo on the parts lists for highflows and cdi's). Other than that i over order everytime i need o rings for a job and collect these.

My current patch seems to have its head screwed on more than some patches regarding van stocks. We have baxi solo fan and board, and numerous Oh stats, boiler stats and seals. Baxi solo PF2 is a modern boiler here!

a few iron plugs and caps (but no compression caps for 8mm pipe (also not listed on computer so I bought my own)

annoying isnt it, ive been on to them for years about it.

Some valve heads but no honeywell ones and no complete valves

pretend you have used some on some random jobs, thats how you build up a proper vanstock.

they are unlikely to send you any honeywell stuff even though it is on there. you will instantly arouse suspicion from the bean counters if you order that but the BG branded stuff comes as seperate head and bodies.

555220, 555212 for two port 5 wire.
555320, 555312 for three port 5 wire.

one Giannoni Dv service kit

you really need the worcester and alpha types, dont know the numbers off hand.

I would have thought that Ideal Classic fans and Isar main pcb's would be standard stock items considering the amount of that stuff we look after.

:LOL: dream on, thats exactly the sort of thing that has to be "acquired" for vanstock.

there is sort of a kit available for both, i can give you the numbers for the washers tomorrow if you want, with o-rings i just make it up as i go along and fit any old thing that looks similar, as pablo says those alpha kits are pricey but handy.

I acquired a complete magnaclean a while back:cool:

28mm valves (zone and mid pos) are another that need to be acquired too.

I acquired a complete magnaclean a while back:cool:

28mm valves (zone and mid pos) are another that need to be acquired too.

you lucky bar steward.

i dont have 28mm valves of any sort, i had my original vanstock set for 8 years, when i finally used them i figured it was a waste of van space.

there is sort of a kit available for both, i can give you the numbers for the washers tomorrow if you want, with o-rings i just make it up as i go along and fit any old thing that looks similar, as pablo says those alpha kits are pricey but handy.

Yes please.

Yes I remember the alpha goodies well, I used to tear open the bags and store them all in a sorta case. The ones you run out of for Alpha are the special red ones for extra hot areas. The only fibre washers you ever need for Alphas are 1/2 3/4 and 1"(but seldom). Mostly I ended up using Antares fibre washers as fibre washer kits seem to run out of the actually required sized quickly and leave you holding a stock of misfits. I think the umpalumpas who fill plastic bags take the exact number of the correct wahser and then throw in a whole load of rubbish to make it look like a full goody bag.

Sad innit to get excited about washers and o rings?

But hay no why appologise? We only want to be equiped to leave a situation dry. Not a lot to ask is it? seems so!

So is it quite acceptable since we are left inadequately prepared to stop water gushing out of all joints (without us knowing about making gromets with hemp and paste) to just order 5 of evry individual item they seem to cherish?

So is it quite acceptable since we are left inadequately prepared to stop water gushing out of all joints (without us knowing about making gromets with hemp and paste) to just order 5 of evry individual item they seem to cherish?

God yes, i did it with screws, washers, o rings, nails, fuses and anything else i could find! And a few of the compartment boxes to store them in.

sorry for the delay in letting you know the outcome - thought hubby had messaged but can't see anything - we got them out again after telling them on the phone that we had located 18 thermostats in Preston - engineers looked at the system - said it wasn't the thermostat after all - and one of the two had the right part in his van....2 hours later our system was working fine again ........but yes, since then we have got a new boiler sorted.............but if nothing else we now know to question what we are told......thanks very much for all your comments and advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back