Baxi Bermuda back boiler pilot won't stay on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has just bought a flat in Putney which has a Baxi Bermuda installed. The fire works fine but the pilot light for the back burner goes out when I release the grey button. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
My son has just bought a flat in Putney which has a Baxi Bermuda installed. The fire works fine but the pilot light for the back burner goes out when I release the grey button. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Regardless of the actual problem, My advice is always that you shouldn't be using a back boiler or a fire when you move in, until it has been serviced/checked by an appropriate RGI. (unless you KNOW the history). As it isn't working I assume that is the case. These are very dangerous if sooted tc.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all your replies folks!
Following your advice, I've checked there is 240v going to where it should (!) so now need a trustworthy gas engineer to have a look: the guy who checked it (and should have serviced it) as part of the Exchange of Contract conditions seems to have disappeared...so any recommendations? The flat is in Putney, SW London.
Many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back