Baxi combi 80E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a baxi combi 80e, when running a bath with hot water everything is ok but when the tap is turned off there is a gurgling / bubbling noise coming from the boiler and if the hot tap is turned on again whilst this is on going, there is no hot water and it doesn't fire up. If I wait untill this stops (around 10 mins ) and then turn hot water on then its fine again.
I have good pressure and it does not drop, there are no obvious leaks and a year or so ago I had an issue where the pressure went up when using heating and after reading an article on here I checked the expansion chamber on the top and topped it up using a pump and this cured the problem, the boiler has never overpressurised since.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as it probably will get worse.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if the DHW demand switch is jamming on after a demand and causing the boiler to continue firing and overheat.

Tony

Thanks for your reply

I have monitored the boiler when running a hot tap, this only happens when the hot tap has been on for a long time (IE : running a bath) the boiler is running and producing hot water and as soon as the tap is turned off the boiler shuts down as it should but after 30 seconds or so you can hear gurgling almost like it is drawing in air and bubbling up through the water in the system, these gurgles are not a continuous noise they are like gurgle for two seconds, no noise for 4 seconds gurgle again and this continues for up to ten minutes. If you turn the hot tap on whilst this is happening then the boiler clicks and you hear it begining its process to fire up but it does not get to the firing up stage I suspect the valve to give the comand for gas and ignition does not happen and the water runs through the heat exchanger and os cold, once the gurgling stops and the tap is turned on it fires up and heats the water. Does this sound like the switch you mentioned ?

Cheers Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back