baxi combi instant 80 he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if anyone can help with my problem it would be greatly appreciated. i have a baxi combi instant 80 he, sometimes it works, heating hw etc and sometimes it doesn't. the diognostics board shows that the problem appears to be the HW sensor. could this really be the root of the problem and how would the HW sensor allow it to work intermittently .also the water pressure in the heating system goes down pretty quickly, obviously theres a leak on the system somewhere. will one affect the other ? i ask that question as the HWsensor fault indicator can be showing even when theres over 1 bar of pressure in the system, i hope this is enough information for someone to point me in the right direction. thanks !

Sponsored Links
The sensor is probably intermittent.

The expansion vessel is probably failed. They rarely last over two years on your model.

Tony

could the expansion vessal be the cause of the drop in the pressure in the CH system and is there any way to check ?. the pressure drops around 1 bar in around 10 minutes when the system is on.

Sponsored Links
See the FAQ on this site for details of how to check and repressurise the EXV.

However, they so often fail its almost certain thats whats happened!

Usually needs a gas registered engineer to change if flue is through behind wall. Also boiler off wall if little space above.

Additional EXV can be added elsewhere as thats cheaper and easier.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back