Baxi combi - pressure building

Sorry to have to keep coming back...but does the gasket (seal kit) kit contain 4 seals..? as this is what appears to be required but the ones I can see only seem to contain 1 seal..

Al

Sponsored Links
No problem. My parts list says 'seals' which suggests it's four in a pack, and at that price you'd hope to get four, but if in doubt either contact the supplier before you purchase, or purchase four and send the three back you don't want - they'll cost pence to post I should imagine.

Ok..the new plate HEX arrived this morning and I've just fitted it. I went to the local plumb base to get the seals...£15 for 4.

Not a hard job to do so long as you drain everything and turn off the water first.

An issue I have is that I could not change the seals..you can't actually see them from the front of the machine so you have to feel your way.. upshot was I did not want to damage the seal seatings by poking around with a screwdriver. All ok at the moment although I had a bit of a panic when the system would not fire up...turned out that I need ed to bleed all the air out to get the pressure back up..

I shall keep a watch over the next few days and if I get a leak I shall have to find a way of fitting the new seals.

pressure (which was the original problem) seems to be holding steady but again will check over the next few hours and days...

Thanks again..I'll get back in a day or so to report if its a permanent fix...

Al

Sponsored Links
All appears to be fixed and working well..no leaks and pressure remaining steady..

My thanks again to Muggles who diagnosed the problem and even gave me the part numbers I required....

Al

No worries, thanks for letting me know the outcome, it's rare anybody takes the time to say!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back