Baxi platinum 33 combi boiler no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 5 year old Baxi has started to act up, the controls are salus rt510rf+ thermostat/ receiver and the receiver has packed up, it won't pair to thermostat nor will it work on manual over ride. Had it checked and its failed. Till I can get a replacement I fitted the mechanical timer which came with new boiler but it does not switch the heating on, when timer is activated it will show heating light and boiler ignites but it shuts down after about 30secs and does not start up again. Hot water for domestic use works fine. If the two black wires that connect on the timer are shorted will this get boiler to work or should there be an external mechanical thermostat connected, and if so how.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
terminal strip in boiler, connections 1 and 2 disconnect the two wires in them they go to your receiver and put a link in there and boiler will be controlled purely buy the original built in clock till you replace your faulty stat .
if your boiler is still only firing for heating for 30secs you have a boiler fault as well and it should still be under warranty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back