baxi solo 30he electrode problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3yr old solo 30he. It was serviced a couple of months ago and had a new burner, insulation panel, seals and electrode. Since then it has been slow to ignite banging on ignition. With the outer door off the ignition spark is seen emerging from the electrode plate and sparking back across the ceramic to the lead connector. Another electrode has been tried and a new ignition and earth lead with no success. Baxi have nothing to offer other than wrapping insulation tape around the ceramic and lead connection which has cured it. Can it be anything else other than both electrodes being faulty and letting the current emerge before it gets to the spark gap?

Sponsored Links
All the baxi's using this burner door/electrode configuration had problems with the electrodes, they have been modified, did you fit the new modified electrodes? they did recomend the insulation tape which does work sometimes.

This mar or may not be relevant.

We once had endless lockout problems on a non-condensing Baxi Solo, fitted tight up to a right hand corner, making the electrode difficult to see.

I eventually found that the return compression connection was dripping very infrequently on to the outside end of the electrode, causing an immediate lockout.

Not sure about which electrode Ollie, will try and confirm. Thanks for trying mysteryman but certainly no drip on electrode.

Sponsored Links
ther is also an updated door and electrode kit, but i htink your just as well of with the above part no. or rather your rgi will be of course

rojaca";p="1710919 said:
ther is also an updated door and electrode kit, but i htink your just as well of with the above part no. or rather your rgi will be of course

Yes there is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back