baxi solo HW but no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi sure someone here can help me out..got a baxi solo2 pf...fans making an awful noise.. no lights on but when i run off the hot water it fires up & lights come on, heating the water but not the rads..think the fan needs replacing because of the noise but would that stop the central heating from working I know i can change the fan cause it broke one chrismas eve & sourced a secondhand one.... all i could get cause everyone was stocktaking!! however i think anything else is beyond me...
appreciate ur advice thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't see any connection between 'fan' and 'CH not working'.
I don't know what type of boiler yours is but.

I do know that if you have a 'Y' plan with a motorised valve, it's not unusual for the actuator head to be faulty. This prevents you having CH only without affecting the HW.

Regarding the 'fan' and the noise. Are you sure it's the fan making the noise?
I just experienced some thing similar.
Convinced 'fan' was responsible for noise, but can't find anything amiss with it. It's not rubbing on anything. No worn bearings.
Then with 'listening stick' to ear thought noise was more relevent on the return pipe, so considered it may be scale in 'heat exchanger'.
So flushed out system and put in cleaner and noise did not appear again.
Not sure what did the trick? the flushing out or the cleaner. (Still have to apply inhibitor and noise reducer)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back