Baxi solo3 60 PF shutting down/restarting

Finally working OK

Your boiler/flue is designed to run with a restrictor fitted as per the Manufacturers Instructions.

Flue gas sample OK?

In particular check the CO readings.

Fitting the correct Air Pressure Switch part No. 5111609, which was designed precisely for this phenomenon, should be the answer.

Sponsored Links
I only learn't of this through a warranty call from Baxi for a Solo 3 I had fitted, with the same sounding problems, a few years back.

It wasn't a personal experiment.

We had Air Pressure Switch part No. 5111609 fitted - it didn't solve problem. It was Baxi as well as gas4you who said take restrictor out

Still, check the flue gasses, the restrictor is there for a reason.

If the FGA tests OK then at least you know the boiler is safe.

I couldn't condone removal of the restrictor and I don't think the 'technical' helpline should be advising you to remove the restrictor on a rear flue less than 500mm.

The problem is with the fan, APS or connecting tubes.

Is the elbow on top of the APS black or clear?

Sponsored Links
I had same initial problem, same resulting symptoms, removed restrictor plate and problem solved!! Mine however was a horizontal side flue (and not rear flue) so according to the manual was not required in the first place.

Thanks to a great posting and contributors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back