Baxi unvented noise after expantion tank recharged.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i was wondering if you can help me...

i have a baxi solo 3 unvented system in my house (megaflo) and was haveing isshues with the pressure going to high which trigered the PRV when it hit 3 bar. (boiler on boottom floor, tank in 3rd floor loft)

so the fist thing i did was recharge the WATER tank to get AIR gap back (closed the mains water, emptyed the tank with the lowest hot water tap, closed it, then refiled the tank) this did not fix it, just got more presure in taps.

so then i read through these forums to find that the expanion tank might need refilling, so i tested the valve on the RED expantion tank to find no air coming out. i emptyed the system (bar=0) and then pumpd air with a foot pump to just under 1 bar of air. i refiled the whole system to 1.5 bar.

THIS FIXED MY PRESURE RISING PROBLEM.

BUT yes but ...... my tank is making a noise (gargaling/bang/not sure how to describe it but it is like waters spalashing inside) when the auto timer coms on for hot water (even if i turn it on manualy) this was not happing at all before i did all this. so i am not sure what has happend. ive bleed the radiators, and there is plenty of hot water and CH is Fine. all the valves on radiaators are fully open.

sorry for the long post ive tried to add as much info for a more acurate answer...

Thank you

Roker

Sponsored Links
Could be that the expansion vessel has blown and you've simply pumped a large quantity of air into the heating system, which is now thrashing around your cylinder coil.

Press the bike valve in and release the pressure in the expansion vessel. If you get wet it's gone. You may need to repressurise and press it in again if it's a large vessel

Thanx for you replay

i have pressed the expantion tank and i am getting no water form it. (which is a good thing right?)

i dont have the booklet for the tank so i am not sure how much ait is need in the vesal. there is about 0.9 in there at the moment.

Rocker

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back