baxi105e not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, i have a baxi 105e combi boiler, the problem is it seems to be struggling to fire up,it seems to go through the correct sequence, ie i can hear the fan running and the ignitor sparking but then it seems to click for ages sometimes without firing, also when it does this the neon above the fan icon begins to flash, some times it's ok though!!
Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what could be wrong?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
leso said:
Hello all, i have a baxi 105e combi boiler, the problem is it seems to be struggling to fire up,it seems to go through the correct sequence, ie i can hear the fan running and the ignitor sparking but then it seems to click for ages sometimes without firing, also when it does this the neon above the fan icon begins to flash, some times it's ok though!!
Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what could be wrong?

Many thanks.

try the solenoid for voltage or resistance

hi bob, thanks for the very prompt reply, but i'm afraid i'm not an electrician (i'm a chippy) just wondered if there might have been something obvious....although the solenoid might be obvious to an expert, will have to study the handbook a bit more, many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back