bedding in wastes , silcone or plumbers mate ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone tell me what is best for bedding in the wastes on baths , showers, sinks etc , in the past i've used both silcone and plumbers mate ? both seem to work fine , but recently changed a waste and was a little worried how easy it came out with the plumbers mate . cheers for any answers ?

Sponsored Links
As this is the tiling forum I have no idea but think that either custard or cauliflower cheese like mother used to make would do fine :LOL:

As this is the tiling forum I have no idea but think that either custard or cauliflower cheese like mother used to make would do fine :LOL:
Lance, you are awful.
Mutley_laughing.gif

Most now recommend/use silicone but Plumbers Mate is good stuff & will do just as well. It's sort of non-setting (for around 10 years anyway) which allows ease of dismantling; silicone sets & can be difficult to shift.

Thick custard like my mum used to make would work just as well :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back