Beetle in the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone recognise this beetle. Is it a standard beetle. We have a few in the house and just not sure where they are coming from.

Not sure if this is the right section to post in, but thought gardening might be nearish.

Attachments

• IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 140
Sponsored Links
Not a very clear picture Trevor and could be mistaken but looks to me like a Water Beetle.

Last edited:
By the shape of it's body, looks like it may be a common ground beetle. They pretty much stay on the ground as the name suggests and only climb a bit for dinner. Does it have a ridge on it's back? It could have a slightly iridescent sheen to it's shell too, tho doesn't have to. They're great to have in the garden, nosh on slugs & aphids they do. I think they come into homes for shelter and also are attracted to light, so a porch light may attract them?

Sponsored Links
We used to call them 'black clocks'.

I once poked my finger at one and it tried to bite me. Must have been hungry. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back