Beko eco care wma10 strange localised leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I own the above washer and is approx 5 years old recently it has developed a minor leak front bottom left of the machine it only leaks on the spin cycle and only leaks about a cup full of water I have pulled the machine out of its hole and I cant find any more water the inlet hose washer is intact and solid the drain hose is bone dry and discharging out side as it should I have googled to see if I can find anything and im at a loss where to start and as a long time lurker of these awesome forums I thought I would put it out there to see if anybody had any ideas

many thanks in advance

Carl :confused:

Sponsored Links
ok having done a little bit more research I decided to check the pump filter and to my surprise i found three pound coins, 2x2p coins 2x1p coins a large button a bobby pin and a hair clip as well as a big ball of blue fluff and some limescale hopefully this is problem solved will let you know when washer next goes on :eek: unfortunately none of the money is spendable as its badly corroded :cry:

ok that did not resolve the problem just stuck washer on a spin cycle and it leaked front left bottom again only about a cup full any ideas anyone

ok so I have had the top and back inspection panel off nothing obvious could it be the washer door seal/gasket only leaks on spin at front of machine anybody????

Sponsored Links
Inspect the door bellow. Look inside the folds for a small hole then check the sealing area for a small tear or missing piece where it meets the glass. It doesn't take much.

Thanks for your reply zipper I have inspected the door gasket/seal/bello I cant see any obvious holes or tears or nicks but it was gunged up so I have given it a good wipeout and made sure the three drain holes at the bottom are clear just putting it through a cycle see if that resolves it if the door seal needs replacing is it a simple job what would I expect to pay someone to repair it

If there is no physical damage to the bellow then it isn't likely to be the source of your leak. Have you checked the filter seal area isn't full of debris & is causing a poor seal? The leak source doesn't necessarily have to be in the same area you find the water...the leak could be another place entirely & the water is being led via a channel in the framework interior. I don't want to scare you but since you mention you found several coins in the filter I may as well warn you of the possibility. I have seen several examples where coins have found their way between the drum/tub & punched a hole in the tub wall. It is worth bearing in mind that you could have tub damage higher up in the tub wall, in which case it wouldn't leak under a wash cycle because the water level is low & the drum only revolves at around 55rpm. It is a completely different story when running at full spin rpm. I would pull the plug, remove the lid, back plate & have a good peek in there. If you don't see anything obvious run it with the lid/backplate off & observe what happens. There are only so many place a washer can leak but don't take it for granted it is leaking exactly in the spot you find water. Strange stuff gravity :rolleyes:

thank you for your detailed reply zipper the filter seal is definitely not the source of the leak and the washer is only loosing about a cup full off water it only leaks on final spin cycle I have had the top and back panel of and nothing is apparent I have checked all internal hoses all connected and bone dry i still think it might be the bellow as the hole could just be a pin prick and not apparent I am working all week so will have to do a spin cycle with top and rear panel off later this week I will post back my results in the bellow there is rust at the bottom where a hair pin may have been I would have thought if the was a hole in the drum It would have spilled more water but I will post back later

Hi Zipper

Im more confused than ever zero water on the inside sump hose bone dry I did notice a dribble from the bottom of the door externally but the bellow in in perfect condition in the place it dribbled from im completely at a loss
help please

Are you sure it isn't leaking a little from the soap dispenser? Only way to go is run the machine loaded with the lid/back-plate off...& stand guard. Maybe place a large piece of cardboard under the machine to make spotting any leaks easier.

your absolutely right zipper it is actually leaking from the bottom of the dispenser drawer but only right near the end of the wash cycle run 2 cycles and second time Sat in front of the washer for the whole cycle incredibly exciting I can tell you lol :confused:

You have more patience then me! Take the soap tray out & give it a really good clean. While it is out clean the roof & water jets well with an old toothbrush & make sure hardened detergent/softener isn't preventing the tray from shutting fully :D

many thanks for all your help i cant believe something so simple was the cause I was worried I would have to shell out for a new washer I will give it a good clean and post back if it does not resolve the issue thanks once again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back