BEKO Excellence WMB 71442. So far, So good.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:) Read lots of reviews before we took the plunge and opted for a Beko WMB 71442 washing machine. Owners remarked on how quiet it was, but to be honest I find it only a bit quieter than my previous machine that was pretty old.

Have had it for just over 1 year now and was tempted to take out the extended warranty which was quite reasonable but declined in the end.
Have had no problems so far aside from trying to get the machine balanced- adjusted feet so many times trying and even now there is a slight imbalance as it it starts to spin.
I have noticed that the drum also shakes pretty bad initially on spin start up- not every time- depends on the load. It takes a 7KG load and has a spin of 1400 which we only use for heavier items, Towels etc.

Spoke to a appliance engineer just after we purchased and he said that Beko had got a lot better since their early days and that their washers on the whole were just as reliable as any other brand.

Our friend purchased a Bosch costing over twice as much as the Beko and has had the engineer out twice under warranty.
Overall, happy so far with no big time complaints to note.- some owners have mentioned that the plastic trim finish on the front, (we have the Silver model,) looks pretty tacky, but I think it looks fine.

Overall, Good price, does the job, long term, who knows? Machine is now 14 months old. Happy to recommend though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back