Beko Fridge Freezer defrost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
F.A.o Nestor-Kelebay or anyone else that can assist....

I read Nestor's detailed report on the fridge freezer and it proved it extremely useful. I have a fridge freezer, which is frost free, but is not defrosting and I have had to do manually.

I have checked the defrost timer and it is working. I have turned the shaft and it does cut the compressor out and back in. I have left the fridge running and it also automatically does it itself. Good.

However, I have the back panel off from the freezer compartment and the heaters do not appear to be working on the evap.

How do I discover if it is the heaters or the actual defrost thermostat ? Is there any easy way to test ?

I would appreciate all useful testing procedures, as I have finally been able to remove the back panel and eventually get to the coil / heaters and stat !! What a nightmare, glad to see that Beko thought about the service and maintenance aspect !! Well done them.... so if anyone can help as I have gone so far, I would be very glad...

Look forward to any assistance....

Cheers
Blanchie

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back