Beko frostfree fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,came home the other day and the good lady wife informs me that the fridge was,nt working.so if I am ever going to have a cold beer again I need your help.
IT is a beko frostfree fridge freezer model number CDA5563W ,the fridge part is warm and the freezer part is very slightly chilled the light comes on and there is something running that sounds like a small fan any ideas? thanks for your help. :confused: Andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply the thermostat has been set to number 5 its max ,the only thing running is the fan I jammed the fan and wound the thermostat up to its max and nothing happend I would have thought the motor would have kicked in so I am thinking that its the thermostat that has thrown its hand in ,any thoughts?

Might seem daft but your frost free fridge freezer might need defrosting!

I've got a Beko which has had same symptoms a couple of times in the last few years. Solution was to switch it off for 24 hours then switch it back on.

Sponsored Links
GK66's suggestion is always a good idea with fridges, but failing that then the thermostat is the favourite. Do you have a multi meter & the ability to check if you have 240v at the compressor motor? This would confirm or rule out the thermostat was the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions I will switch it off and leave it until tomorrow and see if that does the trick ,I have a multimeter and im'e not afraid to use it ,am I right in thinking that if I have no volts at the compressor the stat is not passing volts to it hence nothing happening? and if its frozen up the compressor is trying to work but can't? Andy

Yes if you do not have 240v btween the live side of the compressor & neutral ( but preferrably earth) then the thermostat is likely not to be conducting ie remaining open circuit. A further check would be a resistance check across the thermostat connections with the power switched off & turn the thermostat c/w then ac/w & if you get no reading it is definately faulty.

Just been looking at the soddin thing and it burst into life for a couple of minutes then stopped again, could the thermostat be telling the compressor that its cold enough when infact it isn't ,there is a very small amount water dripping into the drip tray Andy :confused:

Just had a better look ,I am getting a constant 240v reading from the black switch wire from the stat wether the compressor is running or not all the other wires to the compressor show no volts until the compressor kicks in and the brown wire shows 183v coming out of the compressor to what I have been told is the starter the other wires show no volts, the compressor runs for about 1 minute in every 5 to 10 minutes and keeps the freezer part chilled but the fridge part is warm so we are using the freezer as a fridge Andy :?:

What do you get if you test for resistance across the stat with the power off & knob turned c/w & ac/w? If there is a constant 240v output from it " black switch wire?" that goes to the compressor & it is there with the stat set to max but not when set to min, then it would seem that the thermostat is ok.

Thanks for your help lads but I think the writing is on the wall for the fridge freezer, the stat seems to be working but the compressor will only run for a couple of minutes .I am back on the road soon so the good lady wife wants it sorted ,again thanks for your help. Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back