Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We moved into a house which had a Beko oven, Model number OSF 22120 X.
BEKO OVEN.JPG

There are three knobs on the control panel.
The middle one, the timer, was freely rotating in the mount.
I couldn't find any pictures or info about this model, so I am writing up my experience, with a few pictures.
First thing, TURN OFF THE POWER at the breaker !

The knob was loose, so when i pulled it from the spindle, the control fell away inside.
IMG_6420.JPG

So need to remove the oven from the cabinets to get to the top.
Open the front door and near the top, on either side, were two small woodscrews which held the oven into the wooden cabinets. just visible in the picture above.

Once released, can then lift the oven out and onto the floor or workbench.
There are handles on either side to help lift it.
Carefully check the power cable is long enough as it lifts out.
I did not need to disconnect the power.

IMG_6421.JPG

The front panel knobs can all be accessed when the top lid is removed.
There are about 12 screws around the lid, and then it just lifts off.
IMG_6422.JPG
IMG_6423.JPG

Once removed, you see the rear of the control knobs. and blanked off cutouts which would relate to other models. It would be straightforward to replace any of the knobs with a new unit, or just to fix the mounts, as I was doing.
IMG_6425.JPG

The control units are held in place by two screws from the front of the plastic mounting ring.
These screws can be seen in the picture below.
The mounting ring is difficult to remove. See the picture below.
It twists about 20 degrees, but first there is a locking pin which needs to be eased out of the small hole, shown in the picture. A small flat blade screwdriver eases it out while applying a rotating pressure. You don't want to break that pin, as that is what holds the ring in place.

IMG_6424.JPG

My two screws were missing, so I replaced them with some short self tapers, to attach the control to the ring, and then refitted to the front panel, with a twist so the the locking pin popped in. I refitted the front knob on the spindle, and tested before refitting lid and and putting the oven back into the cabinet.

Overall the job was about 30 mins, as I took the pictures going along.

Cheers, and good luck.

Colin.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant Colin - Thank You for this - I have the same unit (or very similar) in an apartment in Australia - same issue exactly - i believe these appliacnes are a bit cheap really - but actually, it cooks pretty well - anyway - once I worked out how to unclip those plastic mounting rings - the 2 screws were sitting there loosely - put it all back together - and working well once again! Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back