Belling BI 90 G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cleaned the oven yesterday and now there is a problem with it, that will teach me!

So its a Belling double gas oven about 2 years old, never had a problem with it so far. At a guess when I wiped the front of the oven a sequence was pressed of the buttons which put the timer on, this is confirmed by the very irritating semi-automatic sign on the clock. When trying to turn on the top oven last night it would not turn on, gas could be smelt but no ignition. The main oven worked fine. The manual suggests that pressing both up and down buttons to cancel the programme, this doesn't work. So far I have tried the following:

1. Cancelling the programme by pressing both the up and down buttons. Buttons on front is down/function/up only)
2. I have set the function to use the main over for 5 mins, this turned itself off after 5 mins but did not get rid of the sign and the top oven still wont turn on. (Grill works fine in the top oven) Set it to various things, I guess there is a problem with the top oven and as this is not "on" which is a requirement to set the semi-automatic cooking on.
3. Turned the power off at mains a few times, this eventually meant I could turn on the top oven, however after a minute or so it starts to click continuously until I turn it off and the heat seems to be on full. The clock is flashing in this scenario with an A also flashing in the corner. (If I touch the clock it goes to 0:00 with the semi-automatic sign on, top oven working but clicking)

Anyone have any ideas before I call an engineer? I did also clean the inside so I may have knocked something maybe, unlikely as I only gave it a wipe as it was the glass and the shelves which was dirty.

Sponsored Links
hi i suppose you have already fixed your problem but i have just bought a new belling and its doing the same as happened to you could you PLEASE tell me how you fixed it iam pulling my hair out
thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back