bermuda 552 boiler - Relighting Pilot Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been searching through the forum looking to clear answer to my problem and can't see exactly what to do....so I ask if any of you good people know the answer to the following:

How do I relight the pilot light on a bermuda 552 boiler?

We moved into our new house and my wife was playing around with the fire and managed to turn off the pilot light on the back boiler and I've tried but to no avail to get it working again.

So far I've:

- Turned the grey button clockwise and held it for 5 mins
- Pushed in the grey button and held it
- Tried with the black 0-HIGH on off and on HIGH

The boiler was working fine, we've been decorating for the last week so just need to know how to turn the pilot light on.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
push the grey button in and repeatedly press the igniter button on the left side. Pilot should light, hold grey button in for a 15-20 seconds longer and then release it. pilot should be lit.

Then go to shops and buy a carbon monoxide alarm while your wife phones an RGI to have the boiler serviced.

The relighting instructions are on the inside of the plate which covers the controls!

Is your cover missing?

Thanks for the promot replies.

Will try this - although was doing this for an hour last night and nothing seem to work, so wasn't sure if there was something I was doing wrong?

It was serviced last week, hence why I'm pretty confident it was just my wife playing around with it for the pilot light going off.

The cover is missing....therefore having to search online for instructions....not great on Bank Holiday when moving in!

Sponsored Links
Tried this again to no avail I'm afraid - is it as straight forward as it sounds or am I missing something?

[quote="nickso";p="2095535"]push the grey button in and repeatedly press the igniter button on the left side. Pilot should light, hold grey button in for a 15-20 seconds longer and then release it. pilot should be lit.

Then go to shops and buy a carbon monoxide alarm while your wife phones an RGI to have the boiler serviced.[/quote]

Nick is spot on. My advice is ALWAYS when taking over a new property to have the gas fires and boiler serviced. If you have no idea of the history, be safe - not sorry

Get the engineer who serviced it back,unless your wife twisted the grey knob the pilot shouldn`t go out,especially 1 week after a service.

[quote="nickso";p="2095535"]push the grey button in and repeatedly press the igniter button on the left side. Pilot should light, hold grey button in for a 15-20 seconds longer and then release it. pilot should be lit.

Then go to shops and buy a carbon monoxide alarm while your wife phones an RGI to have the boiler serviced.

Nick is spot on. My advice is ALWAYS when taking over a new property to have the gas fires and boiler serviced. If you have no idea of the history, be safe - not sorry[/quote]

Ooops I didn't spot that you had it serviced :oops:
So, yes, unless it was turned off, give your RGI a call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back