Best and worst boilers around?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just curious what you guys (and gals) think are the bestest boilers and also which ones you think are the biggest pile of ****e around?

Al

Sponsored Links
It all depends on how well they are fitted.

Cheap boiler fitted well and properly flushed will probably outlast a top boiler such as Vaillant or Worcester fitted incorrectly on a dirty system.

Keston
Ariston
Strata
Ideal

All in the dud category.

I would rate vaillant and worcester, including buderus, as the best wiht the exeption of bottom range models that have limited controls and no plate heat exchanger. they tend to get more hammered than the bigger ones and also seem to be exclusively used by installers who like to cut corners.
I will not install:

biasi
ideal
sime

Sponsored Links
Totally agree with

biasi
ariston
ideal
not a huge fan of chaff's even though their easy to repair, worst I,ve come across is the Celtic FF, hate the F@@Kers.

I don't fit Vaillants anymore, had 2 in a row with manufacturing problems, a few years back though.

I generally stick to Baxi, installed dozens and only had 1 condensate trap fail on me.

Al

What is peoples/professionals opinions on Alpha boilers, particulary their system boilers?

Contemplating the removal of the Sonya Duval here and installing an Trianco Activair unit, unvented cylinder and Alpha system boiler.

Al

sauniers are not as bad as they used to, but still would not have one. sorry, forgot to add alpa to my list.
the short story is: like most things, the cheap ones are not the same quality as the those that cost a bit more. i am still waiting for japanse boilers to compete with the german ones.

Vaillant Great boiler shyte after sales

how long do you have to wait to get an answer on their tech line

I am with dave on this one, as longs as the system is spot on ALL boilers are fine

IMHO what seperates them is the quality of their aftersales support

mind you I LOATH the range 155x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back