best type of heater for regulating temperture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have night storage heating in my house but only 1 heater in the upstairs hall so the bedrooms get cold in winter. I have a 12 week old son and with winter on the way, need to regulate the temperature in the bedroom to make sure he stays warm enough.

What's the best option to achieve this - oil filled heater? i've heard they can smell which concerns me a bit.

would really value any advise

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A decent electric heater with a thermostat fitted should do you nicely, I'd still run it through a circuit breaker in case it suffers an overnight electrical fault though

Hi,

I have night storage heating in my house but only 1 heater in the upstairs hall so the bedrooms get cold in winter. I have a 12 week old son and with winter on the way, need to regulate the temperature in the bedroom to make sure he stays warm enough.

What's the best option to achieve this - oil filled heater? i've heard they can smell which concerns me a bit.

would really value any advise

Thanks

Most heaters smell a bit when new.

If the noise isn't a problem then the safest heater with a small child (he may not be crawling get but give him time ...) is a high level wall-mounted fan heater.

Oil or convector heaters can be too hot to touch for small children as well as being quite heavy if they get pulled over.

Bedrooms are not usually given storage heaters because the main heat requirements are assumed to be overnight, when a panel heater will be able to use the cheap lecy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back