Best use of space for laundry and or toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
some ideas recommendations needed for best use of space

We have a reasonable sized square shaped kitchen and within it we have a small old fashioned larder where we store dry foods and the washing machine.

Although it works ok its all a bit higgle de piggley and I'm sure we can use the space better.

The back door leads to a lean to one side at the back there is an semi outside toilet which we rarely use as its so cold and even in summer not exactly inviting!, the other side leads to the back of what was formerly an integrated garage, we had the doors bricked up and a window put its place.
Eventually we would like to add a radiator to it and increase the thermal properties so we can use it as room year round.

I thinking of getting rid of the outside loo and making it a laundry room stacking a
washing machine and tumble dryer in it.

But I would still like a second toilet!

Would I be better off upgrading the outside loo so it was warmer/nicer though you still have to go out the kitchen door to use it, or should I put in the laundry equipment and try and put a new loo in the garage when I update it.

if I take the washing machine out of the larder I will upgrade the storage for the food,

Any thoughts or better ideas welcome

Cheers

Obviously the current loo has all the right connections, soil pipe etc

[/code]

Sponsored Links
Not enough room for that in the outside toilet, still would help keep you warm when the tumble dryer is on:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back