Best way to fix oak t+g to concrete conservatory floor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just finishing off a conservatory and the customer no longer wants tiles. He has decided on oak T+G flooring as a friend of his has some cheap.
My first thoughts were to lay a membrane and then glue the T+G together as a floating floor but the guy has 13 poodles who are not house trained :eek:
I am now thinking of laying battens and fixing the T+G to them somehow (screw and plug or secret nail maybe) as the little darlings will piddle all over it and don't want to be called back to a uneven floor !
Any thoughts or suggestions ?
Thankyou Simon

Sponsored Links
do not install floor. No matter how well you install with dogs using as a toilet it will go wrong. back to tiles

Partner in crime :LOL: Matty is right.
Even if the doggies were house trained: cheap floors are bound to cause problems (especially in conservatiories)

Hi guys, the flooring is not cheap but but solid oak that has been "reclaimed" (long story) and run through a planer/thicknesser.
I know that it will go wrong but he is paying (day work) and I just want the best method that might last a little longer :) I have already explained the risks and he is happy to take them.
Thanks Simon

Sponsored Links
Best bet than (but make sure your customers signs a disclaimer!) is to install combi underlayment and install floating. Any problems afterwards can be resolved easier than when you fix every down to battens.

But like Matty says: circumstances aren't ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back