Biasi 24s Heating works off hot water thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler is about 10 yrs old or so.

At the moment when in the timer mode (and the timer is currently indicating off) the heating is coming on (firing up and then stopping when it gets to temp) according to the hot water temp dial.

Turning the Heating temp dial does not turn on or off the heating. In short it seems as though the heating is being run off the H/w dial?

Hot water works fine.
Heating is working.
No thermostatic rad valves.
All rad valves set to fully open.

Any ideas.......anyone?

Thanks,

James
[/quote]

Sponsored Links
The water in your system is dirty and the RH gland on the diverter valve is leaking and has leaked into the DHW flow switch. Gland and switch must be replaced after cleaning the pin.

Thats normally a CORGI job as the gas valve has to be removed to gain access.

In addition the diaphragm in the diverter valve may have perished and should be replaced when its all apart.

Tony

Thanks Agile,

Any idea of cost, parts/labour?

I have Homecare 200 with British Gas, and on both occasions they came out when signing up the policy they said if anything went wrong I would need a new boiler and that would be £3500.00 supplied and fitted?????

Thanks again,

Jim

We would charge £128 inclusive in the London area.

Perhaps I dont understand what Homecare 200 is or why you have signed up to it? If its a breakdown insurance then they should repair the boiler!

Your model was produced until 2002 and all the parts are available and should be until at least 2012.

BG have no excuse for not repairing it UNLESS your policy has exclusions in relation to problems caused by dirt in the water! Thats whats caused your problem!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
We would charge £128 inclusive in the London area.

Perhaps I dont understand what Homecare 200 is or why you have signed up to it? If its a breakdown insurance then they should repair the boiler!

Your model was produced until 2002 and all the parts are available and should be until at least 2012.

BG have no excuse for not repairing it UNLESS your policy has exclusions in relation to problems caused by dirt in the water! Thats whats caused your problem!

Tony
could it not be a defective micro switch on water section, or siezed water section? iv never known this prob to be caused by dirt in water !!

Dirt (sediment) in the water deposit a layer on the spindle. This crust then cuts into the seal over a period of time. Water eventually starts leaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back