Biasi 24s safety thermostat reset button keeps tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have reviewed some of the postings before and have always been impressed with the quality of the replies - so hope you can help me out on this one.

I have a Biasi 24S boiler and according to the sticker it is from the year 2000.

Over the last couple of months the boiler stopped working. I had bled the radiators, but was not aware that i needed to top up the pressure. (I blame the education system!) I topped it up and it seemed to be working OK for the last few weeks, but last weekend the safety thermostat reset button tripped. I reset this but in the last couple of days it keeps tripping at a rate of about once every 5 minutes.

Any tips or views on what it could be?

Many thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
Could be that the stat is faulty by way of being oversensitive. If it isnt that its then a case of thinking of stuff that can cause a overheat situation.
Faulty pump perhaps or maybe the pump overrun function of the pcb isnt working.
Blockage in water circuit, too much gas, not enough system pressure[faulty pressure guage] etc etc

Many thanks for that - guess it could be many things! Looks like i need a to get an engineer in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back