Biasi 28s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Same problem again, Fan replaced last year. noticed that the problem recurred at similar circumstances when there was a STORM,the boiler flute is through the roof of a 3rd floor flat, does that make sense? . again noise, light flashing fast, not igniting. What now?? replace fan again??

Sponsored Links
Proper fault finding is required using electrical test equipment. A correct diagnosis cannot be made from what you've described.

thank you for your reply.

last year exactly as now and after a storm the boiler stopped working, does not fire and noise can be heard with rapid flashing light.initially they thought the flue was not assembled correctly/ had a fault? later they
diagnosed as fan assembly problem and was changed, we found after testing old fan that it is actually working?, worked well since April 12 to December 2013 again after a storm the same happened, the boiler don't fire ,no hot water or heating and noise coming from it with flashing light. any idea about cause? thank you

The storm is a red herring. The old fan works when tested because it wasn't faulty in the first place and was probably changed without proper checks.

I repeat, someone competent with diagnostic equipment needs to attend or you'll end up needlessly wasting more expensive parts.

Sponsored Links
the boiler flute is through the roof of a 3rd floor flat, does that make sense?

Makes no sense at all but the idea of a boiler having a FLUTE that goes through the roof of a 3rd floor flat is something I find quite humorous.
I'm a fan of Ross Noble and I reckon he could rattle on for ages just riffing on that mental image.

If it is really a 28S made before 2002 then the 28 kW model needs a flue restrictor.

If that's not installed the the fan will prematurely burn out.

But in your case the fan is obviously not at fault.

Tony

looked at it again/ the fan starts and you hear a switch click g but it does not fire/ignite the boiler?? reason?? :unsure:

Yes, but we don't give DIY repair advice to non gas safe registered people on this forum.

The obvious advice is to call a competent engineer. These are very simple boilers!

Tony

Agile.

Your comments had been ""ignored"" and therefore you will be deprived from expressing your RUDENESS to our topics and people.
if you have sense and ""B...."" then you would notice that you received about 4900 thanks after about 50000 comments (less than 10%), this only means about 45000 people/posts find you unhelpful and making improper comments.
Do not comment about our topics/you do not have to comment on everything. YOU do not understand the need of people to know before they send for A GAS engineer (certainly not you)>
Robert

YOU do not understand the need of people to know before they send for A GAS engineer (certainly not you)>
Robert

That old excuse. Reminds me of when we used to tell the girl at the newsagent till that the Mayfair mag was for a friend.

My answer was totally correct even if you don't expect to abide by the forum rules which you are deemed to have accepted by posting here!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back