BIASI Garda he m96.28 SEPERATE TIMER FAULT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one of these biasi boilers from B&Q. I installed the system and great i thought every thing works fine, but now I'm trying to fit a separate timer instead of the 24hr one, but when i connect the timer in place of the loop cable the boiler still operates as normal even when i disconnect the by pass loop cable completely.... the boiler still operates HELP..... any ideas any one or does anyone know where to get a biasi 7 day timer. :( [/b]

Sponsored Links
We have the 7 day timer in stock.

However, you dont need one if you have already bought an external timer. You just seem to have conected it wrongly.

I have no idea what your "loop" is meant to be.

Just connect it in SERIES with your room thermostat! TWO wire volt free connection !!!

If you have connected mains to your thermostat connections you may have blown the PCB !!! They need volt free connections!

Tony

Right... you need to be clearer

You bought an external 7 day timer? If so what make and modal? have you taken out the standard 24 hour clock or pulled out the cable that runs from the clock to the pcb and then tried to put it back in?

I take the "loop" is the link (a small piece of wire that goes on to the room stat terminal block.

There are few reasons why the boiler would fire with out that "loop" in place

1. Boiler fire in frost mode (to stop the boiler freezing)
2. i believe if you put the cable from the clock to the pcb upside down it can make the boiler fire with no demand

or you have zapped the pcb as agile said

more info in a bit more clear way would help

Hi thanks for the advice. Basically when I say the loop, I mean the link as you suggested. I'll and be a bit more clearer this time.

The boiler has only got a 24 hour timer which I have set to run continuous on a manual setting (not using the timer, only clock display). After fiting a greenbrook 7 day digital timer which does require a mains socket as a back up to the battery to the thermostat link which I have done before, the outcome I'm having is that the boiler does not respond to the timer. Even when I disconnect the link the central heating should not operate and turn off but it stays on with an open circuit. Apart from this the boiler is working fine. Any more ideas? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I bought one of these biasi boilers from B&Q. I installed the system

I hope you don’t mean you fitted the boiler your self!!! If the boiler is still under warranty, put the link back hide the wire that you ran then phone biasi. Tell them the boiler is not switching off!!

The only way the boiler would fire with out that link is when the boiler thinks it is about to freeze, so it could be a dodgy temp sensor or the pcb is gone flakey

You have not explained how you connected the external timeclock.

Have you opened the top cover overthe PCB? Is the plug still on the timeclock with the red wire at the top? They can be put on either way round !

Does the on board timer switch the heating off?

Whatever it rather sounds as if you may have damaged the PCB! If the Biasi engineer comes under the warranty and discovered this he would not fix it and may charge for his callout!

Tony

hi guys... thanks for the overwhelming help. It was down to the frost mode link. Basically when you remove the cover that is on top of the PCB covering you have one link wire which i took for being the normal link wire that we use for the thermostat or separate timer but it was not and it was the anti frost link..(typical). But once i removed the second cover to expose the PCB i noticed another link hidden away. I disconnected this to discover that this was the correct link. Thanks again guys.

All the best. :p

The link in the box on top of the PCB cover is the RS422 data link which is supplied shorted.

The thermostat link is under the left hand side on the three terminal choc block.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back